If you are looking not only for a place to work but a family to work with then Suffolk Animal Hospital just might be the fit for you! We feel that every position in this hospital is crucial to being able to provide both excellent service and care to our patients. We want our staff to feel excited that the pets and clients in our care chose us. We hope they will continue to return for not only exceptional medicine but phenomenal customer service. Our promise to our clients summaries this in one crisp, clean phrase- “Our family values your family.” If you feel you can fit the needs of this clinic and are ready to provide above and beyond service, find the position that suits you and apply below!
We are currently seeking an experienced Practice Manager. The purpose of this position is to supervise and oversee the business activities of the hospital. These duties include hiring and training hospital staff; working with the hospital administrator to prepare budgets; monitoring key performance indicators and setting fees; maintaining inventory and an inventory control system; managing the hospital software; and implementing safety and security procedures.
The Practice Manager must create and maintain a positive culture and work environment. This person is creative yet able to develop and implement practical programs. The Practice Manager exercises sound judgment and the willingness and capability to make decisions.
The Practice Manager is responsible for all accounting and financial control functions, including financial planning, budgeting, control and reporting systems, and financial analyses. The Practice Manager ensures the hospital’s management team has adequate visibility into operations so that the team members know how the hospital is performing, performance goals, and how they contribute to achieving these goals.
The successful Practice Manager changes focus and roles quickly in order to effectively interact with a variety of people, both inside the hospital and in the community. The Manager has a high degree of business acumen and is attuned to the variables that affect the hospital’s financial performance. In addition, the Practice Manager is highly motivated to contribute substantively to the hospital’s success.
This position is generally a full-time position, but can be started as a part-time position to ensure that you are the best fit for our team and that we are the best fit for you.
- Three years’ experience as a supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Ability to complete assigned tasks in the time allotted without direct supervision
- Demonstrated ability to show empathy toward clients and treat animals with respect and compassion
- Competence in problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Sound judgment in decision-making, selecting methods to complete tasks, establishing priorities, and drawing conclusions
- Ability to adapt to and operate effectively in different roles with a variety of people, inside and outside the hospital.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- A commitment to outstanding client service
- Ability to lift objects weighing 40 pounds without assistance and objects weighing more than 40 pounds with assistance
- Ability to tactfully demonstrate “take-charge” capabilities
- Availability to occasionally work uncommon hours and overtime, and to be subject to recall for business emergencies
- Demonstrated competence in budgeting and financial reporting
- Demonstrated competence in all aspects of staff management
Preferred: three years or more of experience managing a veterinary practice, Certified Veterinary Practice Manager Designation.
Must be able to withstand unpleasant odors and noises. May be exposed to bites, scratches, animal waste, and contagious diseases.